Good Grief Baby
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home away from Home (being WoW)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WotLK!!!!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beautybelf
Co-GM
Co-GM
Beautybelf

WotLK!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: WotLK!!!!!!!   WotLK!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:43 am

OMG!!! I really can’t wait for the launch of the expansion. The teaser trailers and artwork detailed on WoWWiki and the official website is amazing.

I though I would share some of it with you guys.

Northrend:

WotLK!!!!!!! 329px-10

This will be a new continent in Azeroth. It is roughly half the size of the Eastern Kingdoms but matches OL in length and width. Although a harsh snow and ice environment, developers (as well as the teasers of parts fully developed) stated that parts will not be frozen over: Springtime in Howling Fjord and the Jungle-like Sholazar Basin. You will be able to use flying mounts in Northrend BUT only from level 78!!! Why?! That is outrageous. Mmm, not really, as the programmers and developers of our new playground want us to enjoy the sites and sounds of the environments that have worked so long and hard to present before we all just go flying over it and not take note! I could not agree more tbh; in fact they should only open flying mounts at 80 as far as I am concerned! After all we had to do that when we went to OL!!!

Zones:
• Howling Fjord (Alliance entry point) – Level 68-72
• Borean Tundra (Horde entry point) – Level 68-72
• The Dragonblight – Level 71-75
• Zul’Drak – Level 73-76
• Grizzly Hills – Level 74-76
• Azjol-Nerub – Level 74-78
• Sholazar Basin – Level 75-78
• The Storm Peaks – Level 77-80
• Icecrown Glacier – Level 77-80
• Lake Wintergrasp – Outdoor PvP
• Dalaran

Images of Northrend:

WotLK!!!!!!! 120px-11 Northrend Falls

WotLK!!!!!!! 120px-12 Shalozar Basin

WotLK!!!!!!! 120px-14 Entrance to Azjol-Nerub

Factions and races

There are a few new races and factions planned for the expansion BUT no new playable ones at this stage (Like Blood Elf and Dranei that were added in TBC)

Dalaran and the Kirin Tor Rolling Eyes

Well the “purple bubble” in Alterac is moving and will now levitate high above the ground in Dragonblight. Like Shattrath in OL this will act as our neutral ground, which again means no class trainers or AH!!! Just like the Dranei where responsible for the “formation” of Shattrath, so are the Kirin Tor for Dalaran. Dalaran will be accessible by ground and flying mounts.

The Forsaken pale

Their settlement can be found in the Howling Fjord, called New Agamand. Sylvanas, the Banshee Queen and her followers, the Forsaken have a new contagion which they hope will prove effective against the Lich Kings undeads.

The Taunka Wink

WotLK!!!!!!! 107px-11

They are an ancient offshoot of the Tauren. They were discovered by Garrosh Hellscream and his Orc forces when they arrived in Northrend.

The Tuskarr scratch

WotLK!!!!!!! 120px-15

Humanoid Walrus people…freaky! They mainly live in Borean Tundra with their capital city being Kaskala…oh and it’s a Fishing area! In addition they have Kamagua in Howling Fjord and their harbour is situated in Dragonblight.

The Vrykul affraid

WotLK!!!!!!! 112px-10

The Vrykul are a race of half-giant warriors native to Howling Fjord. They have highly decorated armour and are formidable foes to Horde and Alliance alike.

The Nerubians Evil or Very Mad (I don't particularly like spiders!)

They are a race of spider-humanoids, once in control of Northrend pre-Lich King’s arrival! They mainly hang out in the lower reaches of their destroyed kingdom of Azjol-Nerub.

The Knights of the Silver Hand Suspect

They will be making a return in WotLK re-inspired by Highlord Tirion Fordring. They will be based out of Valgarde in the Howling Fjord.

The Lich King affraid

Yes, they are planning to let us players interact with the Lich King and that interaction will begin as soon as you set foot in Northrend!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not all I have so watch this space for more juicy stuff!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://goodgriefbaby.heavenforum.com
Babyshoes
Co-GM
Co-GM
Babyshoes

WotLK!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WotLK!!!!!!!   WotLK!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:42 am

Sounds great doesn't it? I agree....using flying mounts to early would be a shame. If you could use them straight away....well...I just don't think I would. I love to enjoy the stunning vista's that the game's creators worked so hard on (you know how much I love Nagrand) so much so that I will probably walk most of the way around first time there. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

WotLK!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1