Good Grief Baby
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home away from Home (being WoW)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestions anyone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beautybelf
Co-GM
Co-GM
Beautybelf

Suggestions anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions anyone?   Suggestions anyone? EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:36 am

The time has come, I think to grow our little 5 man guild into a force to be reckoned with in the days to come Exclamation

With the growth shown in the guild and the members we have are happy now and comfortable with the way things are being run, maybe it is time for us to go get some new blood Question

For now I do not want anyone being invited that is lower than our lowest level character being Verysneaky (my rogue) which is level 11. I obtained that level with just 3 hours played so it is not unreasonable to set our level cap at 12. This is bound to change as we grow.

I would like suggestions of fun activities that we can organise.

Birthday parties are always fun drunken

Naked raids and instance runs too Embarassed

It will also be nice to get competitions running on screenshots... Babyshoes seems to have cornered the market as I keep forgetting to mail mine to my work address for uploading. That will change and from Monday morning a lot more BB and GB and VS and LC and RA screenshots will be making an appearance. Come on guys, let's chuckle at one another Wink

How about a 10 gold prize for the best screenshots posted? Or a ring/necklace/gem crafted by the GM?

We just need to be very careful of recruiting the wrong sort affraid which is why I would like to keep control of that along with my right-hand-man Babyshoes (plus all his alts Razz ) just until we build our numbers and get the ball rolling and promotions going. (Oh PLEASE look for a fairly decent high level rogue, it is the one class I don't think I am going to bother with although I have one)

If we are not online, send a mail and we will invite when we are around. I would suggest that we only take on people you have played with in a PUG (Pick Up Group) and can see that they will be an asset to our little family.

Another thing worth mentioning is awards and a special rank I am considering adding for worthy members. This will be ongoing and ever changing unless you prove to be an exceptional asset in which case no longer elligible for the special rank, but that of an officer instead cheers

I would like to mention at this point that I am very happy and proud to have the members we do have. You are all a great bunch of guys, albeit quiet at times.

Let's try and chat to one another online more about anything and everything. It really does not have to be game related either!

We are all friends ingame and it is nice to build relationships especially if we plan on growing. An active guild chat is always a "crowd" pleaser. I did say once I hit level 70 we would get moving and getting our numbers up. That is now looming really close to the horison and why I have decided to have this little say Exclamation

The sky is the limit. Let's reach for it and grab it with both hands What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://goodgriefbaby.heavenforum.com
Babyshoes
Co-GM
Co-GM
Babyshoes

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions anyone?   Suggestions anyone? EmptyFri May 16, 2008 11:10 am

I agree wholeheartedly, it's time for our little family to grow. Could we recruit adult players only? say over 18's...I'm not against the younger players of WoW, it's just they are more likely to be totally dependant on the guild for help, annoying in guild chat and most likely the first to abuse Guild Bank (I'm only speaking from personal experience and I do realise not everyone is like this).

As for fun things to do....
How about a monthly guild fishing competition with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes for largest fish caught and or quantity? Sounds complicated but actually its fairly simple when using the raid group functions. (I'll be glad to explain how if you want)

or

How about duelling / bare knuckle boxing competitions? A little more difficult logistics wise but not impossible with some careful planning.

and

Drunken parties with dancing, duelling, free beer and food are always good for a giggle with a naked raid at the end for a laugh.

I'd be glad to donate some prizes if you want as I'm sure other's would too. (nothing like a bit of team spirit ) Wink
Back to top Go down
Kahdar

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions anyone?   Suggestions anyone? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:06 pm

As this is my first foray into guild land I'm pleased to see that you guys want to make this guild something worthwhile. All the suggestions I've seen so far look spot on (although i'll have to get over my Troll body issues for the naked instance runs pale ).

A couple of things I would like to see would be a family photo, if we can get as many of our members main/favourite toons together for a screen shot. I think this would be a nice way to see us grow if done on a reasonably regular basis.

Also I'd like to suggest targeting some specific instances for characters at different levels to run together to get members used to working with their guildies. For instance Blackfathom Deeps for the new guys, Zul' Farrak for the mid range crew, the Coilfang and Hellfire runs for for those heading for 70 and a start on Shattered Halls to begin pushing the 70's.

Hope these are helpful suggestions and look forward to the feedback.
Back to top Go down
Babyshoes
Co-GM
Co-GM
Babyshoes

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions anyone?   Suggestions anyone? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:40 am

Sounds a great idea to me, we could perhaps have a weekly dungeon run to a lower level instance to help lower levels, teach use of raid icons and their roll in a team, i.e....healer, tank, cc etc. Indeed the same of level 60 - 70 players in Outland, of which Beautybelf and myself have completed all (on alliance but not horde) so would be glad to run those at weekends as the time difference in South Africa doesn't really permit weekday runs. I also have a fair few alts of varying level, so running them through dungeons would help me and at the same time I can impart my meagre knowledge and again I know Beauty would love to do the same.

Oh and a regular guild photo? Great Idea Cool
Back to top Go down
Beautybelf
Co-GM
Co-GM
Beautybelf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions anyone?   Suggestions anyone? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:18 pm

Firstly, Welcome Kahdar!

Nice to have a fresh view on where you see us going and what we plan on doing.

All awesome suggestions so far guys and I am glad to have you amongst the elite in my crew!

I think we need to organise the Guild Photo as soon as possible although to get all members online at the same time is quite a mission.

Thanks Babyshoes and Kahdar for your valued imput Smile
Back to top Go down
http://goodgriefbaby.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions anyone?   Suggestions anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Good Grief Baby :: From the GM :: What NOW?!?!-
Jump to: